Dealer Succession

Clint schnoor
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Overcoming Skepticism

Prior to coming to Agri-Service, I worked in operations for a very large mortgage banking and real estate company for several years. The founder of Agri-Service, Cleve Buttars, is my father-in-law and we compared notes regularly as his company grew and the company I worked for also grew considerably. We always talked about the opportunity for me to come and work for him. In fact, he recruited me on several occasions and I told him no quite a few times because I was happy with what I was doing.
Read More
Jennifer carroll
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Dad Had to Leave the Building

I grew up here in Arnett. When I graduated high school and left for college, I never planned to come back. So no, there wasn't any master plan for me to take over the dealership; I wasn't sure where my career would take me. The year we were married, my ex-husband started his veterinarian degree at Oklahoma State and I started my career in Target's management program.
Read More
Jason huber
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Learning by Making Mistakes

I came back to the dealership a little over 2 years ago after working for Pace Distributing for 4 years. Working there was the best thing I could have done for myself. It was good to get away from the dealership for a while and, not only work for somebody else, but to learn from somebody else.
Read More
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Ideas for Marketing & Web Sales at Central Equipment

Central Equipment serves 3 distinct markets between the horse farms, commercial lawn and turf contractors and homeowners. Our sales are split is about 40% small agriculture, which is mostly horse farms, and 25% homeowners and 35% commercial users. This means we need to market differently to each one.
Read More
Brant bingham
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Re-Enlisting Now to Support the Pending Generational Turns

I’ve always wanted to be prepared enough to work for the company, but I wasn’t always sure if my interests would bring me here. I did know that if I decided to go to work here, it needed to the last career decision I made. People deserved that type of commitment. The rule is that, as family members, we don’t have the blessing to join the business until we’re ready and have the capacity to give 100%.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings