Dealer Succession

Eric reuterskiold
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Succession Without Ownership

I grew up working on a farm and decided I wanted to do something in that field. I went to Blackhawk Technical College, a local college that had an agribusiness program, but I still didn't really know what I wanted to do after graduation.
Read More
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Bringing Service & Parts Together

If I had to pick a key defining moment, I think it would be bringing our parts and service departments together. There used to be a wall between the two. It was like two separate unions and they were fighting separate battles. I brought them together to and now everybody is fighting for the same thing the extra sale and customer satisfaction compared to when it was the shop guys vs. the parts guys.
Read More
Chris miller
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Starting from Scratch

When Ron Hendershot asked me about coming to work for his dealership, truthfully I'm not really sure why I said yes to this new challenge. Before coming here 2 years ago, I had no ag background. My uncle farms cotton near Plainview, Texas, but other than that the only thing I knew about a tractor was it had a brake and a gas pedal. My only connection to ag was the fact that I was married to Ron's daughter, Jessica.
Read More
Special Report: Transitioning to the Next Generation of Dealers

Staying Ahead of Our Customers: The Future Demands Continuous Learning

Our customer base is livestock oriented. It includes small hay farmers, custom hay farmers, dairies and hobby farmers. We are beginning to see a growing number of absentee owners as well. A majority of them have no real agricultural experience, kind of like me, and they hire people to look after their land.
Read More
From the Desk of Dave Kanicki

Perspectives on Succession Planning

We just finished up our special report for the June issue of Farm Equipment, and I have to say that it was one of the more enjoyable projects I've participated in for some time because it gave me a glimpse into the future of the farm equipment business.
Read More
Dealership Minds 2014 Video

Succession Planning at Champlain Valley Equipment

Brian Carpenter, President & General Manager of Champlain Valley Equipment (headquartered in Middlebury, Vt.), explains the successful transition the dealership underwent when his father, Russ, passed the day-to-day running of the dealership on to him. He also takes a look forward to share how the dealership's succession plan for the future.
Read More

AGCO to Invest in Proposed Townhomes in Minnesota

Jackson's largest employer is putting its money where its mouth is in terms of workforce housing. Long a chief concern among officials with AGCO-Jackson Operations, availability of local workforce housing got a big shot in the arm last week as the manufacturer pledged funds toward a local equity pool to help secure the future of a proposed 48-unit townhome complex in Jackson.
Read More

Massey Ferguson Introduces 1700 Series Compact Tractors

Massey Ferguson, a worldwide brand of AGCO (NYSE:AGCO), will introduce and display the 1700 Series premium compact tractors at the 2013 Farm Progress Show, Aug. 27-29 in Decatur, Ill. The 1700 Series tractors, building upon the success of the popular 1600 Series, deliver sophistication, comfort and performance in a versatile, durable package usually found only in full-size models. The tractors feature new, clean-burning Tier 4-compliant turbo-charged diesel engines that provide excellent performance and reliability.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings