38 years ago today (May 14, 1985) marks the last tractor rolled off the line at International Harvester’s Farmall Plant in Rock Island, Ill.
Being a dealer extends far beyond employment. It encompasses an entire way of life, where owners invest everything they have. Dealers are the vital force behind a manufacturer's success. Prior to 1984, Harvester constructed and delivered over 5 million tractors. Each and every one of those tractors found its way into the hands of a dedicated dealer. However, the books of IH history often overlook the significant role played by these dealers.
Explore more on the International Harvester breakup:
- Why Did International Harvester Break Up?
- [Video] The Breakup of International Harvester and “What Really Happened"
- [Podcast] The Break-Up of International Harvester Podcast: Farm Equipment Interview with Paul Wallem
- The Breakup of International Harvester and “What Really Happened.”
- 33 Years Later: Lessons Learned Make Today’s Dealers Stronger
- [Podcast] Our Dealer Story: Retired Dealer-Principal Paul Wallem
Post a comment
Report Abusive Comment