Industry News

Business of Selling

Why Sales Compensation Based on Gross Margin?

While previous articles is this series have addressed the two most prevalent types of sales personnel compensation — salary and cash difference — this column focuses on a system that is not used as frequently, yet should yield significantly greater results. It is a sales compensation system based on the equipment gross margin.
Read More

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Announces Production Schedule for New Tier 4 Diesel Engines

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) has announced its production schedule for three new small diesel engines in response to approaching EPA Tier 4 regulations. The new D03CJ, D04CJ and D04EG models provide regulation compliant solutions in the 19kW (25 hp) to 74 kW (99 hp) output range. The Tier 4 compliant D03CJ and D04CJ will begin production in 2013, whereas the Tier 4 interim D04EG is currently available, and the Tier 4 final version will be available in 2015.
Read More

Hemisphere GPS Board Appoints Rick Heiniger President and CEO

The Board of Directors of Hemisphere GPS Inc. today announced that Rick Heiniger will resign his position as Vice Chairman of the Board to accept the appointment as president and chief executive officer of Hemisphere GPS, effective immediately. Heiniger has been appointed to lead the thrust to a more profitable, focused, streamlined and market-driven innovations.
Read More

To The Point: The Risk-Reward of Farming

Since much of what we're reading these days is about the drought of 2012 and its impact on commodity prices and ultimately its effect on food prices, I am reminded of the risk-reward tradeoff I learned about back in my college days. It makes me wonder why no one pays much attention to the risk? side of the equation. According to the risk-return tradeoff, you must spend money to make money. Or more correctly, it says reinvested money can render higher profits only if it is subject to the possibility of being lost.?
Read More
Special Report

Warming and Weather Volatility, Count on It!

Whether it's too wet, too dry or perfect for producing a bumper harvest, weather is a front-of-mind issue every growing season for anyone and everyone involved in agriculture. Every farmer, rancher, farm equipment dealer, ag equipment manufacturer and commodity trader frets and/or rejoices about the weather every growing season. When it comes to emotions and farming, there's not a lot of in-between.
Read More

Special Report: How the Weather is Changing Agriculture

Whether it's too wet, too dry or perfect for producing a bumper harvest, weather is a front-of-mind issue every growing season for anyone and everyone involved in agriculture. Every farmer, rancher, farm equipment dealer, ag equipment manufacturer and commodity trader frets and/or rejoices about the weather every growing season. When it comes to emotions and farming, there's not a lot of in-between.

Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings