ST. LOUIS, Mo. — The Equipment Dealers Assn. has announced its next COVID-19 related webinar, Returning to Work and Establishing a New Normal. The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, May 5th at 1:00pm (Central) and will be presented by EDA’s General Counsel, Natalie Higgins.
Over the last several months we have all struggled to navigate uncharted territory. EDA is grateful that most, if not all, of our members have been classified as “essential” and have not had to close down. However, business looks a lot different than it did just a few short months ago.
This next webinar will focus on how we safely establish a new normal in the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar will include an overview of both legal and practical considerations that dealers must grapple with in an attempt to continue “business as usual”. Some of the questions and topics that will be addressed in this webinar include:
- How do we handle employees who refuse to return to work in the dealership, either due to an irrational fear or due to liking the work from home?
- My employee is flying out of state. I requested he/she self-quarantine for 14 days upon return. He/She said she will sue. What should I do?
- Once the vaccine becomes available, can we require our employees to get the vaccine?
- When anti-body testing is available, can we require employees to have this test and provide the results?
- Can we ask or require our employees to use social distancing apps?
- If an employee believes they contracted COVID at work, is this a workers' compensation claim?
- Can you ask customers if they test positive or have been exposed to positive?
Questions can be sent to EDA in advance of the webinar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. There will also be some time for Q&A following Natalie’s presentation.
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Time: 1:00pm (Central)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER