ST. LOUIS, Mo. — The Farm Equipment Manufacturers Assn. named new leaders today in separate elections. Representatives from association member companies met to elect members to the Board of Directors. The new Board of Directors then met to elect officers for 2016/2017.
Leading the association as board president will be Paul Jeffrey, who is general manager of MacDon Inc., in Kansas City, Mo. MacDon is based in Winnepeg, Canada. Jeffrey leads operations at the company's U.S. headquarters.
Also elected as officers for 2017 were:
- First Vice President Stanley McFarlane, who is a vice president for McFarlane Manufacturing in Sauk City, Wis.
- Second Vice President Mike Irish, brand manager for the Brillion Farm Equipment line at Landoll Corp., in Marysville, Kan.
- Secretary Nick Jensen, president of Thurston Manufacturing in Thurston, Neb.
- Treasurer Andrew Cummings, president of T.G. Schmeiser in Selma, Calif.
The officers comprise the executive committee on the association’s 16-person board. Prior to their election, representatives from member companies who were gathered in San Diego for the association's annual Marketing & Distribution Convention convened to elect new members to the Board of Directors. Newly elected directors are:
- Carrie Gunnerson, president and CEO of Art's Way Manufacturing Co. in Armstrong, Iowa.
- Terry Flanary, vice president of sales and marketing at National Tube Supply in University Park, Ill.
- Ron Roglis, founder of Roglis Marketing Services in Glenarm, Ill.
- Cummings of T.G. Schmeiser, who was later named treasurer.
The Board of Directors decides the course for an association that represents more than 725 companies based primarily in the U.S. and Canada. The companies represent all aspects of the specialized farm equipment industry: manufacturers, suppliers of component parts and services to manufacturers, and equipment distributors. The association serves as members’ collective voice and advocate on industry issues.