The program for the 14th Italian Farm Machinery Convention has been set for September 10-13 at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel, in Dana Point, Calif.
Last held in 2006, this year's Italian Farm Machinery Convention consists of presentations on a number of key industry issues.
The 2009 program consists of the following presentations:
1. "Introduction" — Ferdinando Fiore, Italian Trade Commission
2. "Welcome Address" — Carlo Tonutti, Vice President, UNACOMA
3. "Impact of Industry Consolidation on Shortline Manufacturers & Distributors" — George Russell, Executive Partner, Currie Management Consultants
4. "Current & Economic Trends for Small-Scale Farming in the U.S." — Manual Jimenez, Cooperative Extension Specialist, Univ. of California — Davis
5. "2010 Forecast & Trends: The American Farm Equipment Industry" — Mike Lessiter, Editor/Publisher of Farm Equipment / Ag Equipment Intelligence / Rural Lifestyle Dealer
6. "The Evolving Role of Farm Machinery Dealers in the U.S." — Herman T. Wilson, Jr., President, Pioneer Equipment Co.
In addition to the presentations, a dating session and one-on-one meetings between Italian manufacturers and attendees round out a full schedule. Representation at the meeting includes Italian farm machinery manufacturers, as well as wholesalers, select manufacturers and manufacturer's representatives. As part of the event, attendees also will have the opportunity to tour of Gearmore, a full-service wholesaler distributor in Chico, Calif.
For more information on the event, contact Alex Mussa, Italian Trade Commission, at email@example.com