ST. LOUIS – The Equipment Dealers Assn. (EDA) will host a free webinar for equipment dealers Wednesday, April 1, at 2 p.m. Central to discuss ongoing dealer questions related to the recently passed COVID-19 legislation: The Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES). The webinar will cover two distinct issues.
First, EDA’s General Counsel and practicing labor and employment attorney, Natalie Higgins, will discuss commonly asked dealer questions about the paid leave provisions of the FFCRA such as:
- Which employers are covered?
- Which employees are entitled to leave?
- How do the new leave provisions provided under the FFCRA interact with a dealership’s existing leave policies?
- Can I get an exemption from the obligations of the FFCRA if I have less than 50 employees?
- What if I need to lay off employees due to the business conditions caused by COVID-19?
Second, Rex Collins, Partner at HBK CPAs & Consultants and leading tax expert for equipment dealers across the United States, will give an overview of the key aspects of the FFCRA and CARES Act including:
- The CARES Act was a massive stimulus bill. What provisions are the most important for my business?
- What types of small business loans are available for dealerships?
- What types of tax credits are available for employers who participate in the FFCRA paid leave programs?
- What other tax strategies might a dealership consider to maximize cash flow based upon the provisions of the CARES Act?
- What impact did the CARES Act have on my dealership’s obligation to pay payroll taxes?
A Message from EDA
At EDA, we are working tirelessly for our dealers in this trying time. Through our dealer legal hotline, we know that dealers are continuing to grapple with the complex new leave and tax provisions passed by Congress. We are pleased to continue to offer guidance from industry experts like Higgins and Collins. It is invaluable to dealers during this tumultuous time. Registration is free for all dealer members.