FRANKFURT/MAIN, Germany, — With the opening of exhibitor registrations for Agritechnica 2017, the new exhibition theme has been announced. Reflecting the high-tech side of modern agriculture, and the new working environment of today’s farmer, Agritechnica’s new main theme in 2017, “Green Future – Smart Technology,” will shape many of the features at the fair, which takes place in Hanover, Germany, Nov. 12–18, 2017.
“The main theme was chosen to underline the importance of the worldwide movement towards sustainable production methods,” said Marie Servais, project manager, Agritechnica. “It further gives the exhibitors the opportunity to place their innovations, under the headline of the new main theme, on the world’s largest platform for agricultural machinery”
Focus on Systems & Components
The Systems & Components area of the fair will have a focus on how the interaction of different technologies can bring new and smart mobile farming applications to agriculture. This is referred to as “Connectivity.” This will further develop DLG’s strategy for the Systems & Components supplier platform that set new standards in 2015.
Under the Agritechnica umbrella, it proved to be a strong innovator and solution provider, with about 100,000 trade visitors from management, procurement and research and development. The Systems & Components area is divided into the following sectors: drive systems, engines, hydraulics, cabins, electronics and parts.
At Agritechnica 2017, the focus is on the interaction of components in mobile applications. In modern, highly complex systems, a large number of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic components must be matched to one another. "Connectivity" is, therefore, a prerequisite; not just between components, but also between people and companies.
In addition to Systems & Components and Forestry, Agritechnica’s other product categories are:
- Tractors & Transport –Wheel loaders and front loaders, trailers, conveyors
- Soil & Seed – Tillage equipment, drills and planters
- Harvest – Combines, forage and root crop harvesters
- Row Crop Work – Spraying and row crop work, spreaders
- Special Crops – Fruit, vegetable and special crop production, sprinklers and irrigation systems
- Storage – Crop processing and storage solutions
- Digital Assistance– Electronics, agricultural software and precision farming systems
- Inputs – Seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, fuels and lubricants
- Knowledge – Associations, federations, organizations, academic and research institutes, farm management consulting and services
- Trade & Services– Workshop equipment and services, used machinery trading
Event with unique international character
Agritechnica’s unique international character attracts more than 450,000 visitors from 115 countries. And with 2,900 companies presenting products and services, and an impressive accompanying technical program the fair is once again set to provide a large platform for the agricultural machinery industry.
A large number of international events, as well as special features on current topics of particular interest to farmers, will complement the exhibitors' range of technology to ensure there is something of interest to everyone working in agriculture or the ancillary industries it supports. More announcements will follow.
And the popular Campus & Career area will once again be a highlight for students, professionals and experts wanting to explore opportunities for personal development. It offers a unique contact point for professional learning and job opportunities related to agricultural machinery and the agriculture industry in general.