GSI’s Direct Gear Drive Power Sweep helps farmers enhance the overall durability and reliability of their grain bin unload equipment, reducing the risk of costly downtime. It drastically reduces the number of movable parts in the center well compared to current industry designs, resulting in easier maintenance, lower risk of downtime due to mechanical issues and better cleanout compared to other power sweeps on the market.
The DGD Power Sweep is offered in GSI’s 15-48 foot bins with 8 inch augers and in 24-72 foot bins with 10 inch augers. Key benefits of the new design include:
• A heavy-duty gear box with greater reliability and longevity than standard bin sweeps.
• A single piece back shield with torque tubing that provides greater sweep auger rigidity.
• Design upgrades that allow the sweep to get closer to the floor and to the bin wall for better cleanout.
• An optional control so that if the center well gets plugged, the closest adjacent intermediate well can operate independently to empty the bin.
• Longer-lasting steel roller bearings in all wells, instead of nylon, that also offer smoother operation.
For more information, farmers can contact their GSI dealer or visit www.GrainSystems.com.