CINCINNATI, Ohio — Manufacturers whose products were voted the most important for no-till farmers’ cropping operation in 2014 were recognized in front of about 900 no-tillers attending a special luncheon awards ceremony last Friday at the 23rd annual National No-Tillage Conference (www.NoTillConference.com) in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Determined by a vote of no-till farmers, the 2014 equipment category recipients include:
- No-Till Planters/Drills: John Deere 1770NT Planter. Honorable Mention: Kinze 4900 Series Planter, Kinze Mfg.
- Planter/Drill Attachments: Keeton Seed Firmer, Precision Planting. Honorable Mention: SharkTooth Row Cleaner, Yetter Mfg. Co.
- Precision Tools: 20/20 SeedSense, Precision Planting. Honorable Mention: YieldSense, Precision Planting.
- Residue Management: 5000 Stalk Devastator, Yetter Mfg. Co. Honorable Mention: BT Chopper/Crusher Stalk Rolls, Calmer Corn Heads.
- Spraying Equipment: 4940 Self-Propelled Sprayer, Deere & Co. Honorable Mention: Patriot 4430 Sprayer, Case IH.
- Strip-Till Equipment: SoilWarrior, Environmental Tillage Systems. Honorable Mention: Pluribus Strip-Till Unit, Dawn Equipment Co.; Gladiator with ST-Pro, Kuhn Krause.
- Fertilizer Application Equipment: Totally Tubular starter fertilizer tubes, Totally Tubular. Honorable Mention: Dry Fertilizer Cart, Montag Mfg.; 2968 Row-Unit, Mount-Between Fertilizer Opener, Yetter Mfg. Co.
“The readers of No-Till Farmer are some of the most discerning, knowledgeable farmers in the industry, so these manufacturers should be proud that their products have been recognized for their strong performance,” says Darrell Bruggink, executive editor and publisher of No-Till Farmer.
A call for nominations for the 2015 program, as well as voting, will be announced later this year. The 2015 Product of the Year award winners will be announced during the 24th annual National No-Tillage Conference from Jan. 6-9, 2016, in Indianapolis.