Galveston, Texas — Mahindra USA, the number one selling tractor brand in the world, has chosen Galveston, Texas, to host its upcoming National Dealer Meeting from January 31 to February 3, 2012.
The event, which will gather 450-500 Mahindra dealers, sponsors, and staff from around North America and from as far away as Korea, Japan, India, Canada, and Germany to the Galveston Island Convention Center and The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center, is expected to bring $1 to $2 million to the local economy. Galveston was chosen as the host city because it best represents the meeting’s theme and Mahindra’s culture of Rise.
“Galveston’s Rise from the ravages of Hurricane Ike was an integral reason we chose it for this gathering of our global family. We at Mahindra Rise through our internal culture of accepting no limits and driving positive change through alternative thinking. We also Rise through our products and services that enable people to build a better future, connect to the land and help transform lives,” said Cleo Franklin, Mahindra USA’s Vice President, Marketing and Strategic Planning. “To us, no other city better symbolizes the ‘can-do’ Mahindra attitude of Rise than Galveston.”
Joining the Mahindra dealers and staff in Galveston will be several well-known individuals who also epitomize Mahindra’s Rise culture, including:
- Founding partner of StrawberryFrog, the world’s “Movement” agency and one of the most progressive thinkers in the field of advertising and marketing, Scott Goodson, who has worked for some of the world’s most iconic brands, like PepsiCo, Google, Heineken, P&G, Starbucks, Smart Car, Scion, Emirates, Frito-Lay and Wal-Mart's Sam's Club.
- Houston-area resident and Operation Finally Home Founder Dan Wallrath, who was named one of CNN’s Heroes of 2010 for his work building homes for injured U.S. veterans
- America’s best-known and most-loved television fisherman, Bill Dance, who is the winner of several awards, including Congressional National Water Safety Award, US Army Corps of Engineers Commander's Achievement Award for Water Safety, National Freshwater Hall of Fame, and Professional Bass Fishing Hall of Fame,
- 2010 Canadian NASCAR Series Champion D.J. Kennington.
- Motivational speaker and best-selling author of more than 50 sports books, Ross Bernstein
The Mahindra National Dealer Meeting gives dealers the opportunity to catch up on the latest news and developments from Mahindra. Highlights will include the introduction of the 2012 product line-up, best practices and training breakout sessions, ride-and-drive sessions for the new Mahindra models, implement displays and booths from many suppliers, and a gala dealer awards banquet where the Red Carpet Dealer Excellence awards will be presented.
Mahindra became the number one selling tractor in the world in 2010. Mahindra is the only tractor manufacturer in the world to win both the Deming Application Prize and the coveted Japan Quality Medal for excellence in Total Quality Management, awarded by the Deming Prize Committee care of the Union of Japanese Scientists.