In wake of the devastating fires burning in Australia, PFG, PFG the Deutz-Fahr Importer for America, Australia and New Zealand, in partnership with 8 primary dealership in affected areas announced the launch of its Fire Relief 2020 program in three key areas: East/North Eastern Victoria, Southern New South Wales and Hunter Region.
“As a primary supplier and partner to the Australian agriculture industry, we have the ability to assist regional communities, including farmers, dealers, customers and generally those in need, through the provision of tractors and machinery to undertake a range of activities ensuring we as a nation can feed our livestock and rebuild our farms and communities,” PFG Australia said in a note.
Support Partners & Donations
PFG Australia is working with existing suppliers and partners to provide support. The following donations and support have been made to date:
- Tama have supplied $20,000 of net wrap to support the baling program
- Diesel fuel and oil have been donated to ensure the running costs of the units are minimized
- Transport for the bales and machinery is now confirmed free of charge through numerous transport companies
- There will be no charge for the relevant insurance of all units in operation with Vero confirming their support also
- Burder has donated 8 heavy-duty borers through their supplier Auger Torque free of charge and will partner with PFG for the full term of the program.
The program will focus on three key segments: existing customers who have been affected, dealers in fire affected areas and hard hit regions where tractors and machinery losses have been significant, the company says.
The services that will be provided include:
- General purpose use (loading and unloading at distribution locations)
- Farm and community refencing programs
- Council support programs
- Land tillage
- Seeding programs