Looking for help, talent to fill new position or simply need a few ideas for writing your own “precision farming help wanted” ad? Look here for the latest opportunities. Also, submit job openings for your company here.
Service Technical Specialist
Location: Milwaukee, WI
The Service Technical Specialist has three primary roles within the North American CNH commercial operations:
- Using personal knowledge, experience and available reference material to provide expert technical advice to technicians in dealership service departments or CNH Field Service staff.
- Take part in activities to help improve reliability and serviceability of Precision Farming and Guidance products.
- Author service information and solutions into the ASIST Knowledge base for dealers to reference.
Help dealership technicians to:
- Provide expert technical support on the Electronic Service Tool (laptop computer with proprietary software used as a diagnostic device).
- Provide support on CNH precision farming & Guidance systems (yield monitors, prescription planting or seeding equipment, Auto Guidance and GPS Receivers) and other products as necessary.
- Interpretation of fault codes and diagnosis of systems using a DVOM (digital volt ohm meter).
- Prescribe electrical and hydraulic settings or adjustments to provide acceptable performance in the application
- Procedures related to equipment repairs and preventive maintenance
- Quickly answering technical questions from CNH dealers, CNH Field Service people or end users using personal knowledge, experience and available reference sources.
- Structure their answers consistent with CNH objectives while being attentive to the cost of repairs to CNH, the dealerships and customers
- Document all technical questions and answers in our contact management system -- for: · Maintain a relationship with Engineering and Technical Publications employees to provide regular informal feedback of current issues that dealerships are experiencing with the EST or Precision Farming and Guidance equipment.
- Maintain and expand the database of technical information available to CNH dealerships through a proprietary internet application.
- Become a product “expert” on their assigned products. (the STS will support more products as their level of technical skills and product understanding increases).
GRID Mapping - Precision Farming Specialist
Location: Waverley, IA
AgVantage FS is a full-service agriculture and energy supplier dedicated to providing high quality products and services for the purpose of improving customer profitability. Headquartered in Waverly, Iowa with branches in 27 counties; AgVantage FS sells seed, propane, fertilizers, crop protection chemicals, fuels and lubricants. They also provide services such as structure inspections and construction, grain marketing and precision farming applications. AgVantage FS is part of the GROWMARK System, a regional agricultural cooperative serving more than 100,000 customers across North America.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
The purpose of this position is to perform GPS mapping functions, develop application recommendations based on the GPS grid sample results, assist in the crop scouting program, and assist in the marketing activities of the Precision Farming Department. Under the direction of the Precision Farming Market Development Specialist, assumes the responsibility for coordinating GPS mapping services and communications or information to contracted Precision Farming (wholesale and retail) customers of AgVantage FS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for transfer of information between the Soil Testing Lab, Soil Testing Crew and AgVantage FS. Responsible for the coordination of GPS soil testing activities for contracted customers. Responsible for communications of information to the sales staff on the status of all contracted information management acres. Responsible to see that all accounts are billed for Precision Farming services that have been contracted. Responsible for the organization and transactions on all Precision Farming activities. Responsible for communicating all necessary information in regards to Precision Farming activities to the appropriate staff or wholesale customer contact person. Assist in the coordination of the crop scouting program. Assist in the development of marketing plans. Present at agronomy marketing and customer meetings. Maintain knowledge of current and new technology in the Precision Farming area. Responsible for expense control for the mapping center area. Will attend all meetings, schools and seminars as assigned.
Precision Precision Farming Technician
From: Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT
- Experience with basic hydraulics.
- Skilled at electrical troubleshooting.
- Computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with welding.
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Midwest employer seeking a Precision Farming Technician. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable, detail oriented and ready to be a team member. Duties and requirements include but not limited to: GPS installation and service, assist sales personnel, inventory management, customer training, Ag equipment service experience and a valid driver’s license.
Precision Farming Specialist
Location: Neepawa, Manitoba, Canada
From: Miller Equipment
Rocky Mountain Equipment, TSX listed as RME, is the 3rd largest Agriculture/construction equipment dealership in North America. We are looking to expand our talented team of nearly 1000 employees with the commitment to be dependable for our customers. It is an exciting time to be a part of the RME team as we are experiencing a period of growth and expansion.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Selling GPS systems to customers on equipment
- Providing exceptional customer service to new and existing customers
- Negotiate deals and provide knowledgeable information to customers about product
- Effectively maintain accounts
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Demonstrated ability to grow sales
- Organization and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of GPS systems and specifications
- Knowledge of agricultureindustry and equipment is an asset
Precision Ag Specialist
From: Land O' Lakes
* Promote GPS and precision farming equipment sales and service
* To Continually improve product knowledge and promote new techniques
* To always display a positive attitude toward company, customer and product
* Communication with customers, fellow employees, and management
* Promote a positive working relationship between parts, service, and sales.
* Help define market trends and mix for proper inventory
* Keep a prospect file and follow-up procedure
* Successfully close sales, meet established goals
* Timely and accurate customer invoicing
* Establish a strong working relationship with customers
* To maintain appropriate appearance as per company policy
* Work independently
* Adjust to irregular hours
* Be Results" Oriented
* Maintain integrity with fellow employees and customers
* Uphold the policies of the company
* Work in other areas as requested by management
Special training and knowledge
* Ag background
* Agronomy background
* Fertilizer and Chemical application background
* Mechanical background
* Solid People Skills
* Previous Sales Experience
* Computer skills
* GPS and precision farming skills