Looking for help, talent to fill new position or simply need a few ideas for writing your own “precision farming help wanted” ad? Look here for the latest opportunities. Also, submit job openings for your company here.
Precision Ag Specialist
Location: Milton, North Dakota
Description: CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Ag Business division. We are looking for a Precision Ag Specialist. The ideal candidate must be able to make sound decisions, have the ability to influence others and work cross functionally. You will combine traditional management skills with precision farming tools (site-specific mapping techniques) to develop management strategies with growers in order for them to make the best management choices for their crop production, and provide the greatest economic return. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Consult with CHS sales force, applicators, and management to identify grower customers and successfully administer and grow the program.
- Meet with grower customers to promote the program and document their initial priorities, problems, needs and wants.
- Utilize GPS to locate specific field positions. Coordinate soil sampling and use GIS to create field maps based on GPS data to record and assess the impact of farm management decisions.
- Utilize data sensors to monitor soil properties, crop stress, growth conditions, yields, etc. Use these sensors to provide instant (real-time) information that can be used to adjust or control operational inputs.
- Utilize a personal computer to effectively organize, analyze, and manage data (software including spreadsheets, databases, GIS, etc.).
- Evaluate and make recommendations to growers. Provide growers with timely and accurate information including data on crop characteristics, hybrid responses, soil properties, fertility requirements, weather predictions, weed and pest populations, plant growth responses, harvest yield, post harvest processing, and marketing projections. Find, analyze, and use the available information at each step in the crop system.
- Continuously reassess the profitability of PF programs with growers by comparing yield monitor data to the financial records for specific fields.
- Encourage product knowledge by sales force, applicators, management through internal presentations, training, etc.
- Coordinate sales strategies; advertising, field days, grower meetings, etc.
- Keep up-to-date on new technologies, products, trends, and challenges in order to make educated recommendations to growers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ag Design Engineer
From: Agra Placements
Description: Engineering firm seeks System Design Engineer for real time embedded display applications in Precision Farming Technology with planters, tractors and combines. Provide system design technology for major and shortline OEM accounts. Salary, expenses, benefits and excellent geographic location for schools, recreation, family activities and quality of life.
End User Training Specialist
Location: Burr Ridge, Illinois
From: Case New Holland
Description: CNH is currently recruiting for an End User Training Specialist for Precision Ag, Auto Guidance, GPS products. Will create onsite and web-based Precision Agriculture training materials. This position will be the Subject Matter Expert globally. International travel required. You will develop and deliver training for end users to effectively develop knowledge and skills to operate their equipment in the field. Language requirement: English (French, Spanish a plus). This position is based in Burr Ridge, IL but during “the busy season” will also work in the field, traveling to dealerships on an as needed basis.
- Work collaboratively with the Training Group to create end user classroom based Precision Farming curriculum material and content.
- Develop training material and keep current based on new product/ new features introduced as well as feedback received on existing sessions.
- Deliver End user classroom based training.
- Work with other internal training departments to write and deliver Train The Trainer for Dealers and internal training.
- Work with product managers, Field Specialist, and Brands to incorporate needed material into end user classroom training offering.
- Determine correct content required for end user classroom training and deliver material to ensure learning objectives are met.
- Support logistics requirements for end user classroom training.
- Support End User distance Learning Training instructional design as subject matter experts.
- Provide feedback & reporting to End User Training Manager as to learning objective outcomes at conclusion of courses.
Apply online at:
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Education or a related field.
- The qualified candidate will have 2+ years of Precision Farming training experience.
- Must have clear presentation and communication skills.
Precision Ag Specialist
Job Duties and Requirements:
From: Lisa, AGoodJob.com
Description: We’ve got a great opportunity for an individual to join a team as their Precision AG Specialist. This is a growing organization who understands the great potential and future of precision ag. Join their team and grow with a growing organization in the Midwest.
No resume is required to apply, give Lisa a call to learn more, contact Lisa at 605-978-5479 LAT@agoodjob.com.
- Precision AG Sales and education of the product
- Work directly with the sales team to introduce precision ag and the benefits of AMS to clients
- Knowledge of GPS experience on Raven, Ag Leader, Trimble, Green Star, etc is a plus
- Sales, Service and Install
- Truck provided
- Valid driver’s license
Precision Ag Specialist
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
From: Mary Smith, Management Recruiters of Sioux Falls
Description: Our organization continues to grow and expand so we are searching for an experienced Precision Ag Specialist to join our team.
- Research trends and customer needs for precision farming in areas that include, harvesting, application, planting and GIS.
- Document the priorities, problems, needs and wants of the precision farming customers.
- Understand the markets associated to precision farming and the unique market needs.
- Train sales and service on new product features and how application equipment works.
- 3+ years experience with Precision Farming or Application products.
- Aptitude for understanding highly technical hardware systems.
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, end-users, dealers, management and coworkers.
We offer a great compensation package with bonus based on sales and health insurance.
Systems Integration Engineer - Precision Farming
Location: Burr Ridge, Ill.
- Mechatronic systems Engineer, develop, tune & validate PA&C electronic control systems integrated with in Ag products to meeting project/customer expectations
- Development & standardization of test procedures/practices
- Ensure completion of project milestones
- Escalates and/or addresses performance or behaviors that are not contributing to the overall efficiency of project goals
- Return with solutions that will improve competitiveness of CNH product for the customers.
- Development & standardization of test procedures to support PA&C validation
- Minimum BS Degree in Engineering or related with an emphasis in Mechatronics and/or Electronic disciplines or equivalent work experience. MS Degree in Engineering a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of control systems, electronic assemblies, and application software testing / Validation and processes including Basic experience with C Programming is preferred
- Previous experience on calibration of control systems preferred
- An extensive amount of independent thinking is required
- Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems.
- Experience using test lab data acquisition equipment and test instrumentation preferred (MatLab).
Agricultural Fertilizer Salesperson
Location: Seymour, Ind.
Position requires a results-oriented self-starter. The successful candidate will sell and service a full complement of agronomic products and services to farmers in a three county area. Products include fertilizer, crop protection, seed, Ag consulting, precision Ag services and equipment. Requires on-site farm calls. Minimum 2-3 years field sales experience in Midwest crops. Farm background a plus. Bachelors or Associates Degree desirable.
The company is a recognized leader in the field offering a number of innovative products that are truly differentiated in the market. Competitive salary and benefits.
If you are looking for a retail agronomy sales opportunity based out of southern Indiana with all the tools for success available this is the position for you. 50k base plus 10k-30k bonus, truck, health insurance and relocation benefits available.